Supporting safety, fire
& quality hotel standard
Expert in PMR & disability accessibility standards, hotel fire safety, Covid-19 health risks, product & service quality, hotel’s online reputation
Based on the Honotel Group’s operational expertise in hotel management, Honotel MDO has developed a tender which is specialised in assisting its investor clients in the field that have issues of compliance with safety standards, risk management and product & service quality specific to the hospitality industry.
We provide them with our hotel and business vision on all subjects, such as fire safety, PRM and disabled access, Covid-19 health crisis management or quality programme management. And, we make them benefit from the best digital tools for monitoring regulatory obligations.
Our regulatory compliance and risk management support tender is based on a reasoned strategy focused on our clients’ operational and business challenges. It is in this context that we conduct an audit of their assets through a concrete review of the applicable regulations. In coordination with the hotel operator, we draw up a programme of actions before challenging said party on their proper implementation. In particular, we support them in the search for alternatives and exemptions.
Our objectives are based on proven management tools:
- Fire safety
- Accessibility for PRM & disabled persons
- The health risks associated with Covid-19
Supporting hotel safety standards
• by conducting a safety audit based on the hotel operator's field practices and the analysis of the documents required by the regulations
• by providing operational and organisational recommendations and monitoring their implementation by the hotel operator
• coordinating any requests for exemptions with the administrative authorities
• following up on regulatory reports and observations of inspection bodies.
• the creation of an "accessibility book", a practical, complete and concrete guide to hotel regulations for assets
• the development of a costed accessibility programme that includes requests for possible exemptions and the steps to be taken
• the formalisation of the hotel's Public Accessibility Register.
• the construction of a health booklet that is easy for staff to understand and that presents all the protocols to be implemented with regard to health obligations and the practical recommendations made by health authorities
• adapting the single occupational risk assessment document (DUER) to the Covid-19 risk
• guiding the customer in their choice of a health label and guiding them in the process of how to obtain it.
Having identified the health requirements and practical recommendations made by the health authorities to deal with the pandemic, Honotel MDO has developed a health booklet for both staff and guests. Practical and concrete, this book clearly details a set of protocols to be followed by hotel staff and the resulting obligations for guests. It is organised in 4 parts: reception, accommodation, catering and communal areas. In addition, Honotel MDO has steered the hotels towards obtaining the SafeGuard label from Bureau Veritas.
Management & monitoring of product & service quality
Case study: reopening of a hotel building administratively closed for 10 years
At the time of the acquisition of this 3-star hotel located in the centre of Nancy, a building with 9 rooms, out of a total of 43 rooms had been closed for 10 years following a prefectoral order.
Current situation & objectives accomplished
During the repositioning and upgrading works that were carried out, Honotel MDO were a guiding force behind the methodology used to reopen the building, and supported the owner in their dealings with administration until the works were successfully completed.
We put our expertise at the service of investors to maximise their performance. Thanks to Honotel’s dual expertise in investment and hotel management, we assist investors in a wide range of business issues such as opening a hotel or bringing an ERP system into compliance.